The solicitation requirements can sometimes a challenge, the proposal process lengthy and the regulations sometimes confusing. This course is designed to provide the tools and skills every organization needs to use on daily basis to ultimately be successful at winning a USAID contract. In the two-day course every step of the process will be covered: advanced preparations and research, identifying funding opportunities, analyzing solicitations, drafting technical and cost proposals, and the U.S. Government negotiation process.
Content and Objectives
- How do I prepare my organization in advance of a solicitation?
- What research can my organization accomplish in advance of a solicitation?
- What are the different types of contract funding opportunities (solicitations)?
- How do I analyze a contract solicitation?
- How do I prepare my organization for drafting the contract proposal?
- How do I respond to negotiation questions?
Complete the on line questions when you register. If possible, bring a lap top to access the internet for classroom assignments and a contract solicitation.
Course Duration – 2-days
Who Should Attend
The business development team which may include technical, program, finance, contracting and administrative staff. As everyone in your organization has a role in business development, the course is designed for the entire team.
After the Course
Most importantly–you will be able to draft a contract proposal knowing the steps to prepare your organization in advance, conduct research, identify and analyze contract funding opportunities, draft technical and cost proposals and successfully complete the negotiation process.
Note: registration questions remain unchanged. Same as the other courses.