We understand the solicitation requirements are a challenge, the proposal process lengthy and the regulations sometimes confusing. Our courses are designed to provide the tools and skills every organization needs to use on daily basis and ultimately be successful at winning a USAID contract. In this three day course we will take you through every step of the process: advanced preparation and research; identifying contract funding opportunities, analyzing solicitations; drafting technical and cost proposals; and the negotiation process.
Content and Objectives
- How do I prepare my organization in advance of a solicitation?
- What research can my organization accomplish in advance of a solicitation?
- What are the different types of contract funding opportunities (solicitations)?
- How do I analyze a contract solicitation?
- How do I prepare my organization for drafting the contract proposal?
- How do I respond to negotiation questions from USAID?
Complete the on line questions when you register so we can better understand your needs. If possible, bring a lap top to access the internet for classroom assignments and a contract solicitation your organization is interested in submitting a proposal.
Course Duration – 3-days
Who Should Attend
The new business development team which may include technical, development, program, finance, contracting and administrative staff. As everyone in your organization has a role in new business development, the course is designed for the entire team.
After the Course
Most importantly–you will be able to begin drafting your first contract proposal knowing the necessary steps to prepare your organization in advance, what research you can accomplish, identify contract funding opportunities, drafting the technical and cost proposals and successfully completing the negotiation process.