We understand the grant solicitation requirements are a challenge, the application process lengthy and the regulations sometimes confusing. Our courses are designed to provide the tools and skills every organization needs to use on daily basis and ultimately be successful at winning a USAID grant. In this three day course we will take you through every step of the process: advanced preparation and research; identifying grant funding opportunities, analyzing solicitations; drafting technical and cost applications; and the negotiation process.
Content and Objectives
- How do I prepare my organization in advance of a solicitation?
- What research can my organization accomplish in advance of a solicitation?
- What are the different types of grant funding opportunities (solicitations)?
- How do I analyze a grant solicitation?
- How do I prepare my organization for drafting the grant application?
- How do I respond to negotiation questions from USAID?
Complete the on line questions when you register so we can better understand your needs. If possible, bring a lap top to access the internet for classroom assignments and a solicitation your organization is interested in submitting an application.
Course Duration – 3-days
Who Should Attend
The new business development team which may include technical, development, program, finance, contracting and administrative staff. As everyone in your organization has a role in new business development, the course is designed for the entire team.
After the Course
Most importantly–you will be able to begin drafting your first grant application knowing the necessary steps to prepare your organization in advance, what research you can accomplish, identify grant funding opportunities, drafting the technical and cost applications and successfully completing the negotiation process.