Overview: We understand the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), USAID solicitations and clauses are complex, lengthy and sometimes confusing. Our clients ask us all the time—how can I comply with the law and regulations and implement the contract in a timely and effective way? Our course is designed to provide your organization the skills and approaches to implementing the contract throughout the period of performance. Whether its a new proposal, current award, close-out or audit, our team can provide practical advise on procurement, sub-awards, finance, human resources and project reporting requirements, while enhancing overall implementation.
Content and Objectives:
1. What is the USG, USAID and Congressional budget cycle process?
2. What are the different types of contracts USAID awards?
3. What are the different sections of the contract: budget, statement of work, clauses?
4. What costs are allowable, reasonable and allocable under a contract?
5. What are the tasks and deliverables of the contract?
6. How do I submit a request for a contract modification?
7. How do I prepare for an audit?
Prerequisites: Complete the on line questions when you register so we can better understand your needs. If possible, bring a lap top that can access the internet for classroom hands-on research and assignments.
Registration: Price, $1,450; Duration, 5-days.
Who Should Attend: This course can benefit your entire organization to include staff in contracts and grants, procurement, finance, program, administration, compliance, audit and business development. With frequent FAR changes, the course will keep staff trained on the latest regulations.
After the Course: you will be able to review your awards and determine areas of improvement and steps needed to be compliant. In the future you will be able to incorporate course advise in proposal development, contract management, procurements, sub-awards, close-out and audit. A course certificate will be provided on graduation.